Italian manufacturer OMET Srl, a leading manufacturer of of narrow- and mid-web printing presses and converting equipment, opens its first US Subsidiary, OMET America Inc. The US Operations will provide various advantages to its American, Carribean, and South American customers including:
- Local parts inventory, providing the shortest lead time;
- Technical engineers available for immediate service response;
- Provide on-site support for new press installations;
- Programs for periodic maintenance visits and training programs, available on demand;
- Online press service through Internet connection.
Service will be extended to a 24/7 operation for the company, including the availability of same day service being available - also during night time from Europe. The company's technology will allow it to detect and solve problems as they occur in real-time. Also upgrades to its machinery software programs can be easily downloaded into the presses. Staff will include service technicians for mechanical, electric, and electronics, as well as back office for the parts order’s handling. In order to provide this high level of service, U.S. service personnel will be specifically trained on site concerning OMET systems by the company's existing skilled European technicians.